Re: Keys. (derives from Re: Sequences of combining characters.)

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:10:06 EDT

    On 09/26/2002 03:42:16 AM "William Overington" wrote:

    On the one hand, you say

    >XML does not suit my specific need as far as I can tell.

    But you also said

    >Documents with the code sequence are intended to be sent over the internet
    >as email, used as web pages and broadcast in multimedia broadcasts over a
    >direct broadcast satellite system, so the codes which you suggest would be
    >unsuitable.

    One of the things that is especially useful about XML and related
    technologies is the facility with which data can be repurposed. You have
    one schema for marking up data, and stylesheets that transform it as needed
    for different publishing / usage contexts.

    Also, I don't see how it can be that a character sequence such as U+003C
    U+0061 U+003E can't be useful to you when some ridiculous character
    sequence like U+2604 U+0302 U+20E3 is.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485
    E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>