Wrong Charakter Categories (was: Hot Beverage font)

From: Dominikus Scherkl (Dominikus.Scherkl@glueckkanja.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 06:57:31 EST

    Hello.

    > But why is the Hot Beverage character listed under the
    > heading "Weather Symbol" in the Miscellaneous Symbols
    > code chart ?

    This is by far not the only place where the category in
    the character description is simply wrong - or gone wrong
    by the introduction of new characters which doesn't fit.

    Especially in the charts which already were pretty full
    new characters often have no place under the category
    they would fit - the charts become more and mor mixed up.
    (e.g. the new arabic presentation form is no currency symbol)

    I knew, there is no way to avoid this (nothing worse than
    an re-ordering can be done to an ongoing standard), but
    the category-names can (and I think should) be reviced.

    It's no solution to add even more categories (we will end
    up each charakter beeing in it's own category), but find
    new category-names which better fit a fair number of
    characters.

    Best regards,

    Dominikus

    Besuchen Sie Glück & Kanja auf der CeBIT: Halle 17, Stand C31/25
    Live Demo: CryptoEx Gateway - E-Mail-Sicherheit mit einem Server!
    Dominikus Scherkl (mailto:dominikus.scherkl@glueckkanja.com)
    Senior Developer
    Glück & Kanja Technology AG
    Christian-Pless-Str. 11-13, D-63069 Offenbach, Germany
    Web http://www.glueckkanja.com
    Use strong cryptography to protect your e-mails!
    For info about CryptoEx Freeware mailto:sales@glueckkanja.com