Re: Unicode keyboard layouts oddity in OS X 10.2.4

From: Deborah Goldsmith (goldsmit@apple.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 13:50:09 EST

    There are two problems we have seen with keyboard preferences.

    1. Bringing up the force-quit dialog (command-option-escape) can
    sometimes disable keyboards in ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts. This can be
    worked around by moving them to /Library/Keyboard Layouts. Please let
    me know if this is part of the problem.

    2. Sometimes other keyboards will not remain enabled over logoff/logon,
    even if they are not in ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts.

    Please do the following in Terminal:

    defaults read com.apple.HIToolbox "Keyboard Menu"

    The normal result is:

    The domain/default pair of (com.apple.HIToolbox, Keyboard Menu) does
    not exist

    If you get a different response, please contact me by private e-mail.

    Thanks,

    Deborah Goldsmith
    Manager, Fonts & Unicode
    Apple Computer, Inc.