Re: Quest text font now available.

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 17:01:54 EDT

    .
    John Hudson wrote,

    > Obviously I need to spell this out: the fact that you have a copy of Softy
    > does not make you a type designer. Frankly, the idea that anyone with a
    > piece of (bad) software and an inflated sense of his own creativity can
    > make a typeface is insulting.

    D. W. Emmett, the creator of the Softy editor, died a few years
    ago and, hence, no longer accepts bug reports. Otherwise, he may
    well have made various corrections.

    The Softy editor was last updated in 1998 (AFAICT) and generates
    mainly the same kind of errors as all of the other font creation
    tools then available.

    Best regards,

    James Kass
    .