AL32UTF8 Vs UTF8

From: Jay Chandru (jayunicode@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 11:57:48 EDT

    Greetings,

    We are using Oracle9i with application tier as 11i.

    I wanted to know the differences between AL32UTF8 and UTF8. My database (oracle) will be in AL32UTF8 format. Will the applications that require multibyte characters work as they are functionin in UTF8 format.

    Would be great if anybody can gimme a comparision on AL32UTF8 and UTF8

    Also pls list requirement of any 3rd party softwares for code page conversions in case of AL32UTF8

    Thanks in advance,
    -Jay