Re: Cuneiform - Dynamic vs. Static

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 19:58:44 EST

    From: "Deborah Goldsmith" <goldsmit@apple.com>
    > FYI, Panther was changed to not do font substitution in the user part
    > of the PUA (it still does it in the corporate part).

    Where is the limit between the "user part of the PUA" and the "corporate
    part" of the PUA"? I was told that there was no strict limit between them
    for PUAs in the BMP. But Your experience may show a common practice used by
    font vendors.
    Also what is the status of planes 15 and 16? are they all in the "user part"
    ?