Re: Converting between Shift-JIS and Unicode

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 21:52:25 EST

    Rick Cameron wrote:

    >Could you please point me to information on the relationship between JIS X
    >0208-1990 (as represented by the kJis0 field in Unihan.txt) and Shift-JIS?

    The JIS X 0208 and JIS X 0213 include a description (in Japanese, but
    with pictures) of the relationship. They are available on line: go to
    http://www.jisc.go.jp/; click on the blue button labeled “JIS” in the
    Search section; enter “JIS X 0213” in the third input box; click on the
    attached button; select JIS X 0213 in the resulting list. The first PDF
    is about the changes in :2004, the others are actually :2000. Similarly
    for 0208.

    You can also consult Ken Lunde's excellent book: CJKV Information
    Processing, ISBN 1-56592-224-7
    (<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cjkvinfo/index.html>).

    If you intend to do almost any work on CJK stuff, you need those two
    sources, and some more.

    Eric.