Re: Proposal to add 2 Romanian characters

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 19:12:46 EDT

    On 27/04/2004 09:52, John Hudson wrote:

    > Raymond Mercier wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds great! Well I have just installed Word 2003 - but how does
    >> that bring me any closer ?
    >> From what you say I need an OpenType Latin font and keyboard driver.
    >

    > Yes. My understanding is that the next version of Windows will ship
    > with a number of Latin fonts enabled for dynamic mark positioning,
    > supporting a wide variety of languages including African and
    > Amerindian languages. Sorry, no specific details.

    If you want such a font, try Doulos SIL, a free download from
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=DoulosSILfont
    This is said to "contain a comprehensive inventory of glyphs needed for
    almost any Roman- or Cyrillic-based writing system, whether used for
    phonetic or orthographic needs." It has OpenType as well as Graphite tables.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)