Re: New contribution

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:56:04 CDT

Michael Everson scripsit:

> If you think that a Hebrew Gemara, with its baroque and
> wonderful typographic richness, can be represented in a Phoenician
> font,

I don't think that one bit. (Why is it that when I disagree with
someone, that person so frequently wants to accuse me of believing
in absolute rubbish?)

What I think is that it's okay to unify Fraktur into Latin, despite
the lack of Fraktur glyphs for lots of things. Icelandic, still less
Vietnamese, in Fraktur would be a perversity; similarly, pointed
Hebrew (which I point out is a small fraction of all the Hebrew
in the world, most of which is written using the 22CWSA in Square form)
would be a perversity in any font but a Square one.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Big as a house, much bigger than a house, it looked to [Sam], a grey-clad