Re: Zip vs. Non Zipped and ISO 15924 draft fixes

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 14:44:10 CDT

    Doug asked:

    > I'm sure this is a dumb question, but why would there be any pages in
    > non-Unicode charsets on the Unicode Web site?

    Legacy, just as for many sites.

    The question is whether it makes sense to go back to
    older, archived material and:

      a. delete it, because it is in Latin-1 or CP 1252, for example,
         thus losing history.

      b. update it by converting it to UTF-8, thus modifying it,
         with an attendant resource cost, possibilities of errors,
         and the need for checking all the work.

    Or we can just live with it, which is what we've been doing to
    date.

    --Ken