Re: [META] Should there be a separate public list for CLDR?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 14:17:38 CDT

    From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk@qaya.org>
    > There has now been nearly a month to gain experience on this issue.
    > During this time there have been several hundred postings related to
    > locales. In just the last two days there have been more than 100. It is
    > very tedious for those of working on character encoding issues to have
    > to receive all of this irrelevant material.

    Note: discussions about the ISO 15924 beta tables are not related to the CLDR
    project.
    In the last two days, there has been very few messages related to the CLDR.

    And the discussions on ISO 15924 will soon be slowed down, because the current
    tables are now much more accurate...
    (The only remaining bug I see is the incorrect orthograph "traditionel" (there
    should be 2 N) in the French name for Code=Hant.)

    ISO 15924 will NOT handle anything related to the CLDR project, even if CLDR
    uses ISO 15924. These two projects are distinct, and distinct from the Unicode
    standard.