Re: Hausa: Boko<->Ajami? (RE: Looking for transcription or transliteration standards latin- >arabic)

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 08:23:35 CDT

    You might take a look at what we have in ICU for doing transliteration. It
    is rule-based, where each of the rules can take the context of surrounding
    letters into account.

    For information, see
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/Transform.html
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/TransformRule.html
    You can try out the rules with an interactive demo at
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/tr

    Μаrk