Chinese Simplified - How many bytes

From: Duraivel (duraivel@cmcltd.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 04:10:37 CDT

    Hi,
                I browsed through the ICU library and it looks similar to gettext library which GNU provides, with more functionality added. But we are developing our product on QT which has its own translations. So I dont want to use another library for translations. Also there is a class QString which says its takes care of byte issues. Basically it is overloaded and acts accordingly for two byte Unicode char set. Also it states that QString supports Chinese(simplified). Am not getting how he says that two bytes can support Chinese simplified. Is it true that, to represent Chinese simplified programmatically, two bytes will do.

    regards
    duraivel