Re: Changing UCA primary weights (bad idea)

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 15:21:57 CDT

    On 10/07/2004 12:20, Michael Everson wrote:

    > I think most of what is in John [Cowan]'s list are letters which are
    > quite properly not interfiled with "base" letters. The African hook
    > letters (which I have mentioned many times, and which you have ignored
    > in favour of the Danish letters you are more familiar with) are there.

    First let's sort out what is happening with the letters that many of us
    are more familiar with, and with which there is clearly a problem as I
    showed from my example of Søren/Soren. Then we can consider whether the
    problem also applies to less familiar letters.

    > John [Cowan]'s list is not "a few characters".

    But it is only a few characters if you first strip out those with
    canonical decompositions, which didn't really need to be there in the
    first place. These are the characters we are interested in.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)