FW: Much better Latin-1 keyboard for Windows

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 16:43:36 CDT

            Bingo! Now the pieces all fall together for me. This is a
    specification for physical keyboards only. The levels and groups represent
    not just state shiftings, but also the arrangement of glyphs on the keys
    (levels vertically and groups horizontally), which is why there is a 3 level
    maximum - limited room on the key. I'm not sure that there would be enough
    room for 3 groups, though (visually, at least). Odd that level one and
    group 1 aren't allocated more space than the others - this would more
    closely conform to practice. Thanks for the pointer.

    /|/|ike