Re: Arabic letters separated by markup

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 01:50:24 CDT

    Gregg Reynolds wrote:

    > I don't understand your meaning. To me, "plain text" is a purely
    > computational notion. It is therefore impossible in principle to judge
    > whether or not an arrangement of ink on a page is plain text or not; in
    > fact it is meaningless. So what precisely do you mean when you say it
    > is not plain text?

    Plain text is plain un-formatted text

    An example is what you get in a .txt file viewed in something like
    Notepad (on MS Windows) or EMACS

    Text that needs to be displayed with varying attributes like bold,
    italic or different font sizes is nolonger plain text - neither is text
    displayed with more than a single colour