Re: Historical Cyrillic in Unicode

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 14:47:07 CDT

    At 23:04 +0400 2005-08-21, Alexej Kryukov wrote:

    >If so, I would like to know if somebody already submitted a
    >request for combining titlos (superscript letters with titlo,
    >mentioned also by Michael Fayez in his recent message).

    What about U+0483?

    > > >For example, does anybody know anything about this document:
    > > >http://irmologion.ru/etc/n2xxx-cyrillic.pdf
    >>
    >> Yes. I wrote it, and it shouldn't be on a Russian site without
    >> permission, and I wonder how it got there.
    >
    >I think it would be much better if this document was available
    >somethere at unicode.org, so that interested people could discuss it
    >or at least know that somebody in Unicode is really occupied with
    >the corresponding problems.

    Draft documents of *mine* are on my web site. See
    http://www.evertype.com/sc2wg2.html for links to formal and informal
    document.

    >If I had never seen this file, I would have an impression that
    >historicall Cyrillic is totally ignored.

    Be that as it may, the people hosting my document on their site
    didn't ask my permission, or the permission of the other authors.
    Such documents go out of date. I have written to the site and told
    them that they may point to
    http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/n2xxx-cyrillic.pdf if
    they wish.