Re: Glottal Fantasy (was: Apostrophes)

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 02:53:27 CST

    On Saturday, November 19th, 2005 21:14Z, E. Bashir wrote:

    > The glottal stop is a plosive consonant. It has a
    > distinct IPA symbol which looks somewhat like a
    > "quetion mark". Check the IPA site for its exact
    > appearance.

    Since we are on the Unicode list, it should be easier to refer ourselves to
    the u. character set, particularly to the code point U+0294 ʔ, LATIN LETTER
    GLOTTAL STOP.

    For an examplar glyph, we can have a look at
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0250.pdf or
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/fr/PDF/U40F-0250.pdf

    Antoine