Re: Should names for sexes be included into CLDR?

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@icu-project.org)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 10:17:50 CST

    CLDR is not a multilingual glossary of arbitrary terms. It is designed
    around structure and data used for general software internationalization.

    While one might have male vs female check-boxes on a website registration
    form, one might also have age ranges, income levels, pet preferences,
    magazines already subscribed to, occupations, seat preference, etc.; all
    dependent on the application in question, all just localization for the
    needs of that particular application.

    Mark