Re: IE7

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 16:09:50 CST

    Frank da Cruz wrote,

    >Now I'm sure there is some fiddling I could do to compensate, but why must
    >every user on the planet go through the same discovery process or, worse,
    >dismiss perfectly good web pages because they aren't "IE7 compliant".

    Why, indeed? If the install program can import the list of favorites
    from the old installation, it should certainly be able to grab the former
    font settings.

    Equally horrid, apparently no effort is made to preserve any security
    settings from the old installation. Now I have to take the time to go
    through all the dang new menus and try to recall how I had cookies
    blocked, scripting disabled or prompted, and so forth.

    Yeccch!

    Users will have to select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" button
    and reset all of their preferred fonts for all of the scripts using the
    "Fonts" button. Tedious and redundant.

    And, after having done so, Internet Explorer *still* won't display the
    Gothic. It also doesn't seem to display Phoenician as UTF-8 ...
    ( http://www.code2000.net/phoenicialtest.htm ).
    ... even though Notepad (under View-Source) displays the Phoenician
    UTF-8 just fine.

    Pfui!

    Best regards,

    James Kass