Re: Fonts

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 16:17:09 CST

    Hans Aberg wrote,

    >I am not sure why you marked it "off-topic", because Code2001,
    >another of your fonts, is the only font I have found for some of the
    >Unicode math characters, and a font is necessary in order to make
    >Unicode usable. There is still missing a font for a number of math
    >characters. Wish the TeX/LaTeX/AMS fonts would be available for Unicode.

    I marked it off-topic because it wasn't related to the subject, IE7.
    (I've also mostly successfully avoided discussing my fonts on this
    forum.)

    I'm under the impression, though I could well be mistaken, that
    John Hudson might be working on a Plane One math font. If so,
    we can all look forward to a professional-quality font for these
    characters.

    Meanwhile, I'm trying to get a new version of Code2001 ready.
    It will have some minor improvements, but the math Fraktur
    will still be, uh, pretty awful.

    Best regards,

    James Kass