Re: Latin J capital letter with caron

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 13:30:32 CST

    James Kass wrote:
    > Then you must have newer versions of Arial and Courier. Are you
    > using Windows Vista?
    >
    > The core versions of Arial and Courier New do not display this
    > combination
    > correctly on my system, Windows XP SP2.
    Microsoft extensively updated the system fonts (Arial, Courier New,
    Tahoma, Times New Roman) in Windows Vista (those fonts are also included
    in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard):

    - all Unicode ranges that were supported by the fonts have been now
    "filled in", i.e. whenever the older fonts had some characters in a
    particular Unicode block, those blocks have now been completed
    - OpenType Layout GPOS lookups for arbitrary combinations of diacritic
    marks have been added, so that any diacritic mark can be placed over or
    under any base letter, and they can be also stacked together

    A.

    --
    Adam Twardoch