Re: Siddham

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 03:25:35 CDT

    At 09:46 +0200 2008-05-21, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
    >-On [20080511 15:43], Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven
    >(asmodai@in-nomine.org) wrote:
    >>I see Michael Everson has a proposal for Siddham worked out, yet why is it
    >>not even in consideration for inclusion yet?
    >
    >No one has even a vague idea of why not? :-\

    Because the effort it takes to encode a script is considerable, and
    people interested in and able to do the work (mostly me) are not
    independently wealthy. Currently (2008) the Script Encoding
    Initiative has funding earmarked for a number of other scripts, some
    of which are used for living languages. Your generous donation to SEI
    could help move Siddham up on the list. :-)