Re: [unicode] Re: Ligatures For Indic languages

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 03:20:54 CDT

    mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp said on Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:02:53PM +0900,:

    > I'm interested in if Bureau of Indian Standards has any plan
    > to define a standard of precomposed ligature collection (to
    > guarantee the quality of Indic script printing), and asked
    > such question to BIS, but I couldn't receive any comments.

    This is something I have raised in more than one forum, but
    unfortunately, I have no affiliations, and I am not a developer, so
    have been unable to follow through. :(

    The TDIL may be the more appropriate forum - but it is part of a
    government behemoth. But they have defined a minimal set of glyphs for
    Malayalam - and I guess the position is same for Devanagari
    too. Devanagari is described in one of the files downloadable from
    http://tdil.mit.gov.in/news.htm .

    --
     Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/