Re: [unicode] Re: Ligatures For Indic languages

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 04:02:41 CDT

    Dear Vinod,

    Oops, Great thank you for correcting my mistake about its name
    "ISFOC", and the explanation of expected utilization.

    One of the document I red about ISFOC is the report by Masato
    Kobayashi on 2001:
            http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~tjun/data/gicas/koba.pdf
    (sorry, it's written in Japanese), he visited C-DAC and interviewed
    S. K. Mohanty - at that time, ISFOC was under development, encoding
    was not finished, and the encoding stability of ongoing implementation
    was not guaranteed, so no ISFOC encoding chart was not published on Web.

    I want to know if ISFOC encoding was finalized/finished in later,
    and if it was finished, how we could obtain the chart. If you know,
    or, if you know right place/person to ask such question, please
    let me know.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki