Re: Byzantine ekpohonetic neumes: any free font?

From: Petr Tomasek (
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 04:41:07 CST

    On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 03:55:21PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
    > The Ubuntu Linux package ttf-ancient-fonts includes musical.otf, which
    > has Greek letters and Byzantine Musical Symbols.

    I don't use Ubuntu and probably never use :),
    but it seems that the font You are referring to is exactly the same
    I mentioned before:

    > > OK, I found a free font here:

    However this doesn't solve the problem how to use the ekphonetic sings
    as _diacritic_signs_.

    I'll probably do that "manualy" using the XeTeX (see here: ), but that pretty
    limits what I do with such a text (e.g. one cannot copy the
    text out of the PDF into wordprocessor etc.)

    Petr Tomasek <>