Re: Byzantine ekpohonetic neumes: any free font?

From: Petr Tomasek (tomasek@etf.cuni.cz)
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 04:41:07 CST

    On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 03:55:21PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
    > The Ubuntu Linux package ttf-ancient-fonts includes musical.otf, which
    > has Greek letters and Byzantine Musical Symbols.

    I don't use Ubuntu and probably never use :),
    but it seems that the font You are referring to is exactly the same
    I mentioned before:

    > > OK, I found a free font here:
    > >  http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/

    However this doesn't solve the problem how to use the ekphonetic sings
    as _diacritic_signs_.

    I'll probably do that "manualy" using the XeTeX (see here:
    http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek/byz.pdf ), but that pretty
    limits what I do with such a text (e.g. one cannot copy the
    text out of the PDF into wordprocessor etc.)

    P.T.

    --
    Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>
    Jabber: butrus@jabbim.cz