Re: Gwoyeu Romatzyh marking the optional neutral tone

From: George W Gerrity (g.gerrity@gwg-associates.com.au)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 05:18:31 CDT

    The tones are numbered 1–4, and the neutral tone is sometimes
    numbered 0 (zero), so perhaps it is simply the arabic numeral zero.

    George Gerrity
    ------
    Dr George W Gerrity Ph: +61 6156 0286
    GWG Associates Fax: +61 6156 0286
    4 Coral Place Time: +10 hours (ref GMT)
    Campbell, ACT 2612 PGP RSA Public Key Fingerprint:
    AUSTRALIA 73EF 318A DFF5 EB8A 6810 49AC 0763 AF07