Re: Pashto yeh characters

From: Andreas Prilop (prilop4321@trashmail.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 09:33:12 CDT

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Khaled Hosny wrote:

    > it just happen not to get in those two positions
    > in modern orthography, but it can be seen in Quran
    > which is still written in the old, early Islamic orthography.

    If you argue with archaic spelling, then ð and þ are English letters.

    | http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2010-m07/att-0295/01-U_0649.jpg
    | http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2010-m07/att-0295/01-U_0649.jpg

    According to "Grammatik des klassischen Arabisch" by Wolfdietrich Fischer,
    page 9, the "ya" is written two dots in such cases, too.

    I doubt such questions can be solved with reference to the Quran,
    which originally had no dots at all.