Re: Public Review Issue 232 Proposed Update UAX #9, Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm (Copy of email sent to the list; also posted by me to unicode feedback/public review issue-- but this has not yet posted there)

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:41:41 -0800

> I sometimes have a closing dash and sometimes not

/And/ let's not forget that one often has what is semantically a pair of
parenthetical dashes, either the opening or the closing component of
which is eaten up by the beginning or the end of the sentence, resp.
These punctuation rules are rarely made explicit, if ever – but they are
pervasively applied.

(And, replace "--" by "–" in my prev email.)

Stephan