Re: Unicode Stability (Was: Re: E0000 Language Tags for Some Obscure Languages)

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 03:23:59 CST

    On Wednesday, March 2nd, 2005 05:17Z michka va escriure:

    > So someone plunks down 2.5 million to start a project that depends
    > on a standard that costs a mere $12,000 to join as a corporate
    > member, yet they are too busy to join it.

    I second that point.

    One point of view is for students to querell Unicode for its high rates,
    especially when seen from abroad.

    But it is vastly more bluntly to querell Unicode for having wasted a budget
    on some high-technology, while disregarding spending some 1 or 2 % to
    actually insure the technology was stable, or how competitors actually use
    work with it. In fact this only shows bad managing, bad project management
    as well as bad money management. Since both will not occur at the same time
    in normal eras, should we accuse the technology bubble of the late Pres.
    Clinton years once more?

    Antoine