Missing capital H from Unicode range (see 1E96)

From: Leiter Phelix (Phelix.Leiter@ukho.gov.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 04:04:34 CDT

    > I am seeking some advice on the use of a capital H with a bar under
    > (see lowercase character 1E96).
    >
    > The character seems it ought to be a valid one and is used in Hefa in
    > Israel - this is made more likely by the inclusion of the lowercase
    > character in the Unicode range (1E96).
    >
    > Could somebody please advise me:
    > 1) how to construct the character by using floating marks - as my
    > results do not provide as good a representation as the lowercase
    > version
    > 2) why this character is not in the Unicode range or whether it is/has
    > been considered for inclusion
    >
    > Many thanks in anticipation
    >
    > Phelix Leiter
    > United Kingdom Hydrographic Office

    The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are the property of the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office and are intended for the confidential use of the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies and inform the sender by return e-mail. This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.