Unicode Support in Memphis/Win98?

From: Jim Blaney (jim@cais.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 05:41:11 EST

Anyone know any details of to what extent Win98 will support unicode?
I would guess it's somewhat more than Win95 and somewhat less than
NT. I am a beta tester but have found extremely little information on
this subject. Anyone aware of anywhere on MSDN or the beta web site
or anywhere else where I could learn more about this?

One thing in particular I am wondering is whether there is an API to
check the OS for unicode support, and perhaps even to change linking
on the fly between ascii and wide char support function calls. I am
aware of the preprocessor switch but was hoping for some actual
programming technique.

Thanks much.