[OT] Unicode-compatible SQL?

From: Elaine Keown (keown@altavista.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 17:15:31 EST

Hello,

A friend who is off-list asked me to inquire about Unicode-compatible SQL and database options. He has been told that Microsoft SQL is now available in Unicode, but he usually uses the Macintosh. What other options are there now in the various kinds of databases, probably on the smaller end of the scale?
He's interested in the database having the capability of having a Web front-end--I think that's absolutely critical for him. He's doing Hebrew and a tiny bit of Aramaic in his project, so I think he would need at least Unicode 2.0 compatibility, with Unicode 3.0 the best choice.

Elaine Keown

http://www.shopping.altavista.com