Re: [META] Should there be a separate public list for CLDR?

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 13:47:23 EDT

    Personally I would strongly oppose making a new public list parallel to
    this one for locale discussions.

    My experience over several years of maintaining mail lists is that most
    new lists have a week or two of postings and then languish. It is not worth
    making a new list for *anything* unless a significant traffic pattern is
    noted over a period of time pertaining to an area of speciality.

    This is not the case here. This has been mostly a meta-discussion about
    where locale discussions belong. It does not appear that there is a need
    for a separate general-public locale list here.

    (As usual, this is all my own opinion, and does not reflect any official policy.)

            Rick