Re: Proposal to add 2 Romanian characters

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 14:08:31 EDT

    From: "Shawn Steele" <shawnste@winse.microsoft.com>
    > >> A keyboard can generate a single or combined character in few different
    >
    > For the keyboard you can use MSKLC
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx even with the necessary
    multiple code point characters that you need.

    Yes it works for the final generated sequences, but MSKLC won't work with
    multiple dead keys, as MSKLC only supports combinations like:

    So to allow entering I + curcumblex + acute, one would need to map:
    <acute dead key> + <I-circumflex code point>
    but there's no way to compose I-circumflex if it does not receives a single
    keystroke assignment (without dead keys).

    There's no support in MSKLC to create mapping with 2 dead keys + one base code
    point.