RE: SQL version of the Unicode database?

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 05:56:34 CDT

    You most probably don't need 13000 lines of C++ to load the UCD and other
    files into some SQL database, if you just use the database engine tools that
    can load a delimited text file into a table.
    So all you need to write is the script to create the schema, and possibly a
    small script to possibly command this table load.

    Once this is done, you can dump your database into a SQL script file. This
    does not even require writing any C++ application, just possibly a small SQL
    script that can be reused (a similar SQL script could generate your C/C++
    data source).

    For all that, you won't need more than about 200 lines of scripts, without
    even using a C++ compiler/linker.