Re: REALLY *not* Tamil - changing scripts (long)

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 03:06:59 EDT

At 08:46 PM 7/26/02 -0700, Addison Phillips [wM] wrote:
>That does leave you with the must less happy problem of finding a platform
>with user defined locales (approximately no platforms conveniently do this).

What's wrong with Linux's user defined locales? I attach one
in actual use; while the format isn't the clearest and simplest
in the world, any computer geek could fix you up a new locale
given a few hours. You could write a nice GUI program to simplify
the matter, but it's not something that many users are interested
about, especially given Unix's flexibilty at mixing features from
different locales.

--
David Starner - dvdeug@debian.org