Fish (was Re: Marks)

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 17:12:51 CDT

    On 9/28/2007 2:37 PM, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > Why not proposing the historical Christian fish symbol at this date (April
    > 1st)?

    You haven't been in the US in a while, apparently, or you'd know that
    the fish symbol is widely used there. I'm not (just) referring to its
    use as a symbol on cars, but in print and other advertising to label
    commercial enterprises owned by or catering to the "true believers".

    While I'm surprised that it hasn't been proposed before, it's clear that
    it's so far out of the realm of character encoding that it can be safely
    considered an April Fool's joke.

    A./

    PS: wasn't able to locate a home page, but see the link, the first
    reviewer mentions the fish in the ads for that company - they are far
    from the only ones, but probably more frequent in other parst of the
    country.

    http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/10787837/seattle_wa/lincoln_towing.html