- Bold text indicates an allocated (that is, published) character collection. There is a link to the charts on the Unicode web site.
- (Bold text between parentheses) indicates scripts which have been formally accepted by UTC or WG2 for processing toward inclusion in the standard. There is generally a link to a mature proposal for the script.
- (Text between parentheses) indicates scripts for which proposals have been formally submitted to the UTC or to WG2. There is generally a link to the formal proposal.
- ¿Text between question marks? indicates scripts for which detailed proposals have not yet been written. There may be a link to an exploratory code table.
- ??? in a block indicates that no suggestion has been made regarding the block allocation.
NOTE: When scripts are actually proposed to the UTC or to WG2, the practice is to "front" them in the zones to which they are tentatively allocated, and to adjust the block size with regard to the allocation proposed.
The size and location of the unallocated script blocks are merely proposals based on the current state of planning. The size and location of a script may change during final allocation of the script.
Areas containing RTL scripts, as well as the Surrogates Zone and the Private Use Zone are shaded grey here informatively.
The Roadmap Committee maintains and updates this document as a service to the Unicode Technical Committee and to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2.