wikipedia unicode font.

From: Ngwe Tun (ngwestar@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 13:35:28 CDT

    Hi All

    I read up this article by http://www.mmtimes.com/no425/n016.htm

    Myanmar Times wrote up as

    "The new Unicode font not only includes the Myanmar language, but also other
    ethnic languages that are accepted by Unicode Consortium. At present, Shan,
    Mon and Kayin font types will be included in this Unicode font," he said.

    "We could complete the development of the font by the last week of August
    when we get confirmation from the Unicode Consortium's meeting to be held in
    Hong Kong at that time," Ko Htoo Myint Naung said.

    The present font used in the Myanmar version of Wikipedia is Padauk, which
    was written according to the Unicode 4.1 standard,

    I got some question after reading. To clarify the truth as in.

    1) Had Unicode published or released representation of Mon, Shan and Karen
    encoding specification document like UTN#11?
    2) Will Unicode Consortium meeting decide Fonts for Burmese, Shan, Mon and
    Karen?
    3) Are there any practice for setting default font in other language
    wikipedia? (it's out of question for Unicode Mailing List)
    4) Is it true current Padauk font in wikipedia is encoded with Unicode 4.1
    standard?

    I would appreciate if someone reply with useful references;

    Regards

    Ngwe Tun.

    --
    In Burmese; Ngwe mean 1) Silver 2) Money 3) Second Awards; Tun mean 1) Light
    2) be prominent.