Romanian and Cyrillic

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 15:25:09 EDT

    Since we're talking about Romanian...

    Prior to 1991, the Soviet-controlled administration attempted to create
    a distinct linguistic identity, Moldovian, which as I understand it
    basically amounted to Romanian written in Cyrillic script. (They tried
    to introduce some archaic Romanian forms and Russian loans, but
    apparently none of it stuck.)

    How relevant is Romanian in Cyrillic script at this point? For instance,
    what's the likelihood that someone might want to put Romanian-Cyrillic
    content on the web? Already being done? A reasonable possibility?
    Extremely unlikely?

    Peter

    Peter Constable
    Microsoft Windows Division